Avast ye readers and prepare to drop anchor for it's Talk Like a Pirate Day today!
Here are some key words to help expand your pirate vocabulary.
• Aarrr! Pirate exclamation. Done with a growl and used to emphasize the pirate's current feelings.
• Ahoy Hello
• Avast Stop and pay attention
• Beauty a lovely woman
• Cutlass Popular sword among pirates
• Lubber Land lover. Someone who doesn't want to go to sea.
• Matey Friend or comrade
• Ne’er-do-well A scoundrel or rascal
After ye learn how to talk like a pirate, find a tale or two to tell to your matey. Or, become an expert pirate historian. See what other plunder Central's Youth Department has before ye weigh anchor. Aarrr!