My MP3 Player: The Return

The Return by Ruben StuddardI have a TON of music on my MP3 player, but as you can imagine, I don’t listen to everything. One of the albums I keep playing over and over is The Return (2006) by Ruben Studdard. Mr. 205, The Velvet Teddy Bear, Big Rube, whatever you want to call him, the man can sing. I love the whole album because of the fresh beats, the tight vocals, and the great variety of songs. If I had to choose a favorite, I’d say my favorite track is “Our Story.” Not only are the lyrics powerful, Ruben injects them with so much soulfulness and emotion that you can’t help but feel a connection to the song. No matter how many albums Ruben releases in the future, I will always consider this to be one of his signature songs. Ruben’s new album, Love Is, peaked at No. 5 on Billboard's Top Independent Albums Chart, and No. 8 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart. The library will be getting it soon, so stay tuned. Here are a couple of my other favorites from The Return.




Comments