Do you have a teen book group? Are you looking for an easy way to provide copies of exciting books for the group to read and discuss? Teen Talk Backpack Kits include 15 copies of the book, a list of discussion questions, and biographical information about the author. If the book has been made into a movie and a DVD is available, it is included. Teen Talk Kits may be checked out for an extended six week period. Reserve the kits by contacting the Literacy/Outreach Office (322-6371). Titles are:
• Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
• Alabama Moon by Watt Key
• The Boy from the Basement by Susan Shaw
• Chanda’s Secrets by Allan Stratton
• The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau (kit includes dvd)
• The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
• The First Part Last by Angela Johnson
• Looking for Alaska by John Green
• Lost and Found by Anne Schraff
• Miracle’s Boys by Jacqueline Woodson (kit includes dvd)
• Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind: Vol 1 by Hayao Miyazaki (graphic novel)
• The Pledge by Chandra Sparks Taylor
• The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares (kit includes dvd)
• The Skin I’m In by Sharon Flake
• Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
• Tears of a Tiger by Sharon Draper (includes dvd featuring author)
• Tyrell by Coe Booth
• White Lilacs by Carolyn Meyer
• Zach’s Lie by Roland Smith
by Mollie McFarland, Children's Librarian, Springville Road Regional Branch Library Iron Hearted Violet Kelly Barnhill Violet is th...
Being puzzled may not be a good thing, but in this instance it may be. I live with a self-described “puzzlephile,” who enjoys puzzles on the...
Most of us are aware of the Emancipation Proclamation that was issued on January 1, 1863, but probably fewer realize that a preliminary ...
Wood-Fruitticher Grocery Company Jefferson County Ala. Board of Equalization Appraisal Files, 1938-1977 Birmingham Public Library Digit...
Please join us at this "meet and greet" on Thursday, August 3, 6:30-8:00 p.m. , at the Central Library to learn more about the...