- Which royal was called "Fishface" in public by their spouse?
- Which Princess had an imaginary friend called Pinkle Pockle?
- Which Queen chose to be buried with her wedding veil?
- Which King's death resulted in the "throne" becoming a slang nickname for the toilet seat?
- Which Queen has triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13)?
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Who is the British Royal Family?
The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is in the news constantly as their wedding approaches on April 29, 2011. But, do you really know the British Royal Family?
What: 2018 Birmingham Public Library Summer Learning, over 400 free activities for kids, teens, and adults being held at 19 locations acr...
Being puzzled may not be a good thing, but in this instance it may be. I live with a self-described “puzzlephile,” who enjoys puzzles on the...
Local Author Workshops – "Setting the Scene" with Speaker Jim Baggett Will Be Held at Avondale Library May 19Jim Baggett, archivist at the Birmingham Public Library (BPL), will hold a free workshop on May 19 at the Avondale Regional Branch Librar...
Four Couples What: Common Bonds: Birmingham Snapshots, 1900-1950 photography exhibit When: May 23-August 31, 2018, during library ho...
by Pat Rumore, president of the Friends Foundation of the Birmingham Public Library Computer Commons department head and instructor Mau...