As summer approaches, you may be trying to figure out how to keep your kids occupied. If you need some tips and ideas, the library has a number of books to help you get started. Not only will you discover activities to keep them active, if you let them read through the titles to pick out what they find interesting, you’ve added some summer reading at the same time. The subject guide on Outdoor Recreation may also give you some ideas for activities. These websites provide information on state parks, nature preserves, and recreation areas for hiking, biking, fishing, camping, rock climbing, and water sports. Enjoy yourselves and have a great summer.
- The Down and Dirty Guide to Camping with Kids: How to Plan Memorable Family Adventures and Connect Kids to Nature
- Frommer’s National Parks with Kids
- Handy Dad in the Great Outdoors: More Than 30 Super-Cool Projects and Activities for Dads and Kids
- L.L. Bean Family Camping Handbook
- 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles, Birmingham