Ghost Stories and Hauntings

.Jeffrey the ghost makes an appearance after a group of people in
Kathryn Tucker Windham's Selma home played around with the Ouija board.

In keeping with the impending season, I decided to focus on things which go “bump” in the night. Lately, when I’m in bed at night, I keep hearing creaks, bumps, and groans. The last time this particular phenomenon happened to me, the gutter over my bedroom window was beginning to fall. I better have that gutter checked, but in the meantime enjoy the scary selections I’ve picked.

Books
13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ghosts and Hauntings
The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Paranormal
Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: Ghostly Locales from Around the World
The Ghost in the Sloss Furnaces
Ghost Stories
Ghoulish Ghost Stories
Haunted Christmas: Yuletide Ghosts and Other Spooky Holiday Happenings
Haunted Heritage
Haunted North Alabama: The Phantoms of the South
Jeffrey's favorite 13 Ghost Stories
Jeffrey's Latest 13: More Alabama Ghosts
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Mammoth Book of Haunted House Stories

DVDs
Ghost Hunters - Seasons Two-Four
Paranormal state: The Complete Season One
Shades of Darkness
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Submitted by Maya Jones
West End Library

Comments

Dilcy Windham Hilley said…
How nice to see Jeffrey and his friends in several of your selections. Readers will be happy (or haunted) to know that Jeffrey is still bumping around his house in Selma. Happy Halloween, everyone!
Tressa Fancher said…
Dilcy, thank you for your comment and Happy Halloween to you, too! How lucky you are to know Jeffrey so personally. As a child and teen I spent many hours spooking myself reading your mother's southern ghost series. Her books (and Jeffrey, obviously) live on.