|The Five Points West Regional Branch Library began as the Central Park Library in the mid-1930s. It moved from upstairs at Fire Station number 24 to the Central Park Recreation Center to the Central Park Library Building on Bessemer Road to the Britlings Cafeteria Building on Avenue V to its present location at the Five Points West Library. It houses the Literacy and Outreach Office.|
The Food for Fines Drive here at the Five Points West Library (FPW) was a major success! Patrons from all across the city and county donated canned foods and non-perishable items during the month of September. A maximum of $10.00 in fines could be waived for 10 non-perishable food items donated.
FPW Circulation Department staff—Andrei, Darrell, Nese, and Tammie—boxed up the items to donate to the Central Park Baptist Church Food Bank, 1900 43rd Street, Ensley. The Central Park Baptist Church has been a part of this neighborhood for over 50 years and we have been donating our canned goods to Central Park Baptist Church food bank for at least 10 years. Ms. Tracy, one of our faithful patrons, is the secretary and contact person for the food bank.
What a wonderful pleasure to know that the can goods that we collected here at the Five Points West Library are going to a worthy cause to help local families in need.
Five Points West Library