16 Films Co-Starring Alabama

"No self-respecting Southerner uses instant grits." 
My Cousin Vinny, 1992

This month's blog contribution is dedicated to two things that I personally love: Alabama football and movies. I was wondering how I could combine these two favorite things into one post and then it hit me. In honor of the University of Alabama winning its 16th National Football Championship title, the most national championships won by any other team in college football history, I have decided to list 16 movies that were either filmed in Alabama, reference Alabama, relate to Alabama, or has a plot set in Alabama. Now granted, most of these titles are oldies but they are goodies. All of the movies are available in the Public Libraries in Jefferson County and may be checked out for seven days.
  1. 4 Little Girls
  2. 42
  3. Big Fish
  4. Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
  5. The Butler
  6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  7. Crimson Tide
  8. Failure to Launch
  9. Forrest Gump
  10. My Cousin Vinny
  11. The Rosa Parks Story
  12. Selma
  13. Sweet Home Alabama
  14. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
  15. To Kill a Mockingbird
  16. Tuskegee Airmen
Andrei T. Jones
Five Points West Regional Branch Library

Comments