BPL Young Professional Board Member Profile: Latasha Watters


What is your full name, age, and occupation?

Latasha Denise Watters, 30, Customer Service Coordinator at Zyp Bikeshare

Why did you get involved with the Birmingham Public Library Young Professional Board?
I have a background in scholarly publishing and a masters degree in library and information services. I love the library and the smell of books, so I figured why not participate in something that gives me joy.

Which is your favorite (or most frequented) library branch of the Birmingham Public Library system?
It would have to be fifty-fifty between the Central Branch and the North Birmingham Branch. I get books from downtown and movies from North Birmingham.

Would you rather read on an e-reader or a book?
I prefer the smell of books and the feel of them. I do have books on my iPad but they are kinda just sitting there at the moment.

What is your favorite website or form of social media.
I use Facebook. A lot.

What is your favorite place to eat in Birmingham?
I've only been back in Birmingham (lived in Tuscaloosa for more than ten years) for a year now.  I don't have a favorite.

What book would you want to have with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
A Wrinkle in Time by M. L'engle (geez, this is tough...honestly, I'd have a ton of books on an e-reader).

Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
Scotland

Who are some of your favorite authors?
Jasper Fforde, J. K. Rowling, George R. R. Martin, Arthur Conan Doyle, Alan Bradley...I could go on and on.

What is your wish for the city of Birmingham?
Fix these rough streets. I fear for my car every time I drive it.

Comments