This September, the Southern History Department is offering a “crash course” covering everything from Ancestry.com, genetic DNA testing, and other genealogy databases to get you started in genealogical research.
Introduction to Genealogy- Want to learn how to do genealogical research? Come to this introductory class that will help get you started on your genealogical journey. No registration required.
- Monday, September 11th, 10-11 am, Vestavia Hills Library
- Tuesday, September 12th, 11:30 am-12:30 pm, Southern History Department, 1st floor, Linn-Henley building
- Sunday, September 24th, 2:30-3:30 pm, Southern History Department, 1st floor, Linn-Henley building
- Thursday, September 14th, 10-11 am, Birmingham Public Library, Powderly Branch
- Tuesday, September 19th, 10:30-11:30 am, Computer Lab, 4th floor, Linn-Henley building
Ancestry.com Library Edition- Participants will be introduced to the Ancestry.com Library Edition database in which you can research your family history as well as learn how to search this database to locate your ancestors. You can register online, call us at 205-226-3665, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Saturday, September 23rd, 10-11:30 am, Arrington Auditorium, 4th floor, Linn-Henley building