The Great Give is an online fundraising campaign that will kick off Tuesday, May 8, and run through May 9, benefiting the Public Libraries In Jefferson County as the library cooperative celebrates its 40th anniversary.
All funds raised through The Great Give will help to further the significant work of the 40 municipal libraries in the Jefferson County area.
To promote the campaign on social media sites, the 40 Public Libraries in Jefferson County will be utilizing the hashtag #TheGreatGive.
“We encourage Jefferson County residents to give $40 this year as we celebrate 40 years of cooperation with what is now the 40 libraries in our cooperative,” said Pat Ryan, executive director, Jefferson County Library Cooperative. “The Library Cooperative works behind the scenes to coordinate the services that link 40 libraries with one card for everyone in the county.
The core services made available to all county residents through the library cooperative are as follows:
- Delivery service—the items residents want where they want to pick them up
- Nearly 2 million items in 40 libraries countywide
- In person or online holds on items at any library in the county, text messaging reminders
- 24/7 catalog, downloadable audio & ebooks
- Information databases
- Internet access plus free WiFi available in 40 libraries
- Books-By-Mail for the homebound
- IT support for member libraries
The Great Give fundraising campaign will assist the library cooperative as it works to continue linking the 40 libraries with Jefferson County residents. All donations will be tax-deductible as the Jefferson County Library Cooperative, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
How to donate:
- Donate online at https://www.mightycause.com/story/Great-Give-2018
- Mail check payable to: Jefferson County Library Cooperative, 2100 Park Place, Birmingham, AL, 35203
- Drop off donation at any public library in Jefferson County
About Jefferson County Library Cooperative
The mission of the Jefferson County Library Cooperative is to connect all citizens by providing resources and community-building opportunities that inspire life-long learning. The Public Libraries In Jefferson County have been cooperating since 1978 with 22 member libraries (40 locations). To learn more, visit www.PublicLibrariesInJC.org.
40 Libraries. 1 County. 1 Card.