BPL Hosting 2020 Local Authors Expo Virtually on Saturday, November 7
What: 2020 Birmingham Public Library Local Authors Expo
When: Saturday, November 7, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual/Live-stream via Birmingham Public Library Facebook Page
Details: BPL is holding its annual Local Authors Expo virtually this year, featuring 10 authors from across Alabama. The program will be hosted by BPL Programming/Outreach Librarian Candice Hardy. Registration is closed; no other authors will be admitted. For information, contact Candice Hardy at (205) 226-3741.
Participating Authors Link: www.cobpl.org/LocalAuthors
A 10-year-old student from Birmingham’s Glen Iris Elementary School is among the 10 participants in the 2020 Birmingham Public Library Local Authors Expo taking place virtually this Saturday, November 7.
Ayrika Jones, author of How Did You Know It was Me, Mr. Tomato, was featured on WVTM NBC 13 in September and interviewed by Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin for his spotlight feature last week.
|Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin featured author Ayrika Jones as his Spotlight on Youth. |
This year's will BPL Local Authors Expo will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, November 7, 2020. Authors will be on hand to discuss their work and talk about their writing process.
The 10 participating authors (listed alphabetically) and their books are as follows:
1) Keshia Barnett, Our Story: How We Made It Through
2) Lisa Blackmon, Courage to Pursue: A Guide to Greatness
3) Franky Brown-Guler, Resorting to Romance
4) Robert Constant, Hey Tuskegee!
5) Joy Davis, The Madwoman of Preacher's Cove
6) Janice Fink, Licking the Salt Block
8) Ayrika Jones and Terria Jones, How Did You Know It Was Me, Mr. Tomato?
9) Andrea Rowe, Raised to Keep Secrets - Check out her Facebook page here for details on her book or click here for a YouTube on her book https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tpsPxKCKUI
10) Betty Smith, Samson- No Ordinary Superhero