Thursday, January 01, 2015
Transforming Resolutions to Lifestyles That Will Stick
1. Make a plan that will stick. Your plan is a map that will guide you on this journey of change.
2. Start small. After you've identified realistic short-term and long-term goals, break down your goals into small, manageable steps that are specifically defined and can be measured.
3. Change one behavior at a time. Unhealthy behaviors develop over the course of time, so replacing unhealthy behaviors with healthy ones requires time.
4. Involve a buddy. Whether it be a friend, co-worker or family member, someone else on your journey will keep you motivated and accountable.
5. Ask for support. Accepting help from those who care about you and will listen strengthens your resilience and commitment.
Visit http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/lifestyle-changes.aspx to read the full article.
Posted by Tressa at 8:35 AM