Still have questions? Contact the Social Sciences Department at 205-226-3640, or fill out our Ask a Librarian form.
As someone who is also moving this summer, it is amazing how much planning goes into a move, even if it just across town. Here are some of my personal tips:
- Shop around for the best moving truck rate and reserve it early.
- Organize and purge unwanted items before you pack.
- Label your boxes by room or color code the boxes.
- Recruit friends and family to be your "manpower" and bribe them with pizza.
- Have a few "open first" boxes to get you through the first days after your move.
- Get a dolly! It's a must!
What are your tips for a successful move?