Good news for patrons needing some extra time with library materials! The Jefferson County Library Cooperative (JCLC) is unveiling a new feature that makes manually renewing books, CDs, and DVDs a thing of the past. As of August 1, 2018, any non-digital item checked out at a JCLC location will be renewed automatically at the end of its lending period. You still can renew items manually by using My Account or by calling the library.
There are a few exceptions. Items won't be renewed if:
- Another patron places a reserve on that item
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals (2 for most items)
- Your account has accrued $5.01 or more in fines
- The item is not renewable
- Your account activity has been blocked
- The item is an e-book
You will be notified by the courtesy email notice that your item has been automatically renewed. If you do not receive courtesy email notices, you will not be notified. You will be alerted with the standard notice, however, when the item is overdue.