Hydroponic Gardening Demonstration at Springville Road Library


On Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 6:00 p.m., at the Springville Road Library, Don Driggers of Vincent Gardens in Vincent, Alabama, will demonstrate the techniques of gardening without soil using solid medium and liquid nutrients. Hydroponics gardening is perfect for producing food year round, in small spaces, and with minimum physical labor. No digging, no weeding—just harvesting lots of healthy fresh food for your family.

Urban and indoor gardeners will learn how to set up and maintain an inexpensive system and how to choose the best plants. Driggers will also show us the results of his own hydroponics program in which he had over 150 garden ripe tomatoes ready to harvest during the Christmas season.


Submitted by Kelly Laney
Springville Road Library

Comments

Unknown said…
I wasn't able to attend, could you please specify some bullet points. I have been interested in hydroponic gardening and currently going through articles from here http://goo.gl/sg38P for growing tomatoes. And pretty helpful I would say.
Hi Sean -

Although I do not have any bulleted points from Don Drigger's presenation (his presentation relied on images rather handouts) that I can succinctly present here, we did provide copies of his powerpoint for patrons in attendance. I will send you a copy to your gmail account.

Also, we do have a a good selection of books in our library on the subject and it looks like a library near you also has several books on hydroponics:

http://goo.gl/tKq2N

Unknown said…
Hi Brandon,
I will be really glad, please send a copy of it. The link you provided has list, could you recommend one. If you are keen towards hydroponics you can go through my blog: http://www.hydroponicsnutrients.co/
Hi Sean

Please send me your email address.

I have tried to send you messages asking for your email address through your Google + account and have not received a response.

As far as choosing a single title from the list, my advice is to go with the latest publishing date for technical subject areas such as this one.

You want the most up-to-date information you can find.

Unknown said…
Sorry for the that, I will just give my email ID over here seanwilliams1180@gmail.com