Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Birmingham Public Library To Host Illustrator Michael P. White, September 26-29, 2011
BPL invites you to its 14th annual program celebrating children’s literature. This year, the library is fortunate to have Michael P. White, illustrator of several marvelous books, including the following:
• The Library Dragon (winner of the 1997 Flicker Tale Children's Book Award, an Honor Book for the 1997-1998 Florida Reading Association Children's Book Award) with Carmen Agra Deedy
• The Secret of Old Zeb (winner of an Award of Merit from the Southeastern Library Association) with Carmen Agra Deedy
• Harriet's Horrible Hair Day with Dawn Lesley Stewart
Also, Mr. White is currently working on a sequel to The Library Dragon. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Michael P. White earned his Associate of Arts degree from The Art Institute of Atlanta. Many galleries have featured his work, including the Hudgens Center for the Arts. The library will feature Michael P. White’s programs at the following locations:
Monday, Sept. 26
• 10:30 a.m. - Central Library
• 1:00 p.m. – Woodlawn Branch Library
• 3:30 p.m. – Inglenook Branch Library
• 6:30 p.m. - Five Points West Branch Library
Tuesday, Sept. 27
• 10:30 a.m. – Titusville Branch Library
• 1:00 p.m. – Smithfield Branch Library
• 3:30 p.m. - East Lake Branch Library
• 6:30 p.m. - Avondale Branch Library
Wednesday, Sept. 28
• 10:00 a.m. - Springville Road Branch Library
• 1:00 p.m. - North Avondale Branch Library
• 3:30 p.m. - Wylam Branch Library
Thursday, Sept. 29
• 10:30 a.m. - North Birmingham Branch Library
• 3:30 p.m. - West End Branch Library
For additional information, please contact 226-3757 or 226-4018.
By Tressa at September 21, 2011
Being puzzled may not be a good thing, but in this instance it may be. I live with a self-described “puzzlephile,” who enjoys puzzles on the...
All Birmingham Public Library locations will be closed Thursday, October 19, for Staff Development Day. Staff Development Day 2016 was ...
The Birmingham Public Library (BPL) Board of Trustees will be interviewing two finalists for its opening for BPL director next week. The t...
Central's Linn-Henley building will close at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, October 18. The Southern History Department and the Archives Depar...
Most of us are aware of the Emancipation Proclamation that was issued on January 1, 1863, but probably fewer realize that a preliminary ...