Participants will gain in-depth knowledge on specialized areas of researching genealogy. The BtB classes are designed to expand on information provided in the Introduction to Genealogy classes, which are offered throughout the year by the Southern History Department. Registration is limited to the first 18 respondents. Classes will be held at 10:00 a.m. in the Board Room of the Central Library.
- What’s Up Doc?: Government Documents in Genealogical Research – Saturday, April 13th
- The Bases Are Loaded: BPL’s Catalog, Worldcat, and Other Databases – Saturday, May 18th
- Loving the LDS: An In-Depth Guide to Using Familysearch.org – Saturday, June 15th
- Getting the Good Dirt: Using Land Records in Genealogical Research – Saturday, July 27th
- Bring Out Your Dead: Cemeteries in Genealogical Research – Saturday, August 17th
Registration for the workshop costs $5.00, which includes the class handout. To register, contact the Southern History Department of the Birmingham Public Library at 205-226-3665 or email@example.com. Seating is limited to the first 18 to register.