Central Library to Host Census Job Recruitment Event February 18
What: 2020 Census Job Recruitment event
When: Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Where: Birmingham Public Library – Central Library/Linn-Henley Research Library/Government Documents Department/3rd floor
The Census Bureau is hiring! On Tuesday, February 18, 2020, representatives from the U.S. Census Bureau will be at the Central Library to provide information about the temporary positions that are available to assist with administering the 2020 Census in Jefferson County. Attendees who are interested in applying for a position will also be shown how to submit an online application on the Census Bureau’s website. Pay rates for Jefferson County range from $16 to $18 per hour.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions.
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English. (Bilingual applicants are needed and are encouraged to apply.).
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- Undergo fingerprinting and pass a criminal background check and a review of criminal records performed by the Census Bureau.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and weekends.
For more information about applicant eligibility, job details, and application procedures, please consult the Census Bureau website at https://2020census.gov/en/jobs.html.
Submitted by Jim Murray, Business/Science and Technology Department, Central Library