Alabama Author A. Faye Boykin to Appear at Smithfield Library
Boykin was born in Brewton, Alabama, and is an honor graduate from Tuskegee University with a degree in social work. She lived in Dallas, Texas, for twenty years before settling down in Birmingham, Alabama, to take care of her mother.
She is the author of one bestseller--No Testimony Without a Test--and three other books: Been Through the Fire But Didn't Get Burned; In Due Season--They That Wait--Don't Wait Too Late; and Gold on Your Fingertips! Stop Sittin' On Your Assetts. However, her success comes from her calling as an inspirational writer and speaker. She received the 2003 Sojourner Truth Award and is a two time recipient of the Key to the City of Birmingham.
Boykin and Calhoun will cover some interesting topics:
- Open-ended discussions on what the "real" female/male want in a fulfilling relationship
- What it takes to find help and hope after the Big "D"
- Building not burning relationships
- How to attract with delight the relationships you desire and deserve
- Tips on how to surround yourself with energy gainers not drainers
- Sisters and brothers recognize: It is time to take ownership of our responsibilities whether we like it or not
"This is not about me, this is about us. It takes teamwork to make the dream work. Dare to experience one of the most enlightening, entertaining, and enhancing afternoon/evenings of your life!"
Where: Smithfield Library
When: Wednesday, October 24
Time: 4:00-5:00 p.m.
For additional information check the Calendar of Events.