Book Review: I Work at a Public Library

I Work at a Public Library
Gina Sheridan

In recognition of my 20th year anniversary of working at the Birmingham Public Library (November 28, 2014), I have decided to review the book, I Work at a Public Library.

The author, Gina Sheridan, who holds an MLIS from the University of Alabama, has put together a wonderful collection of true and interesting stories about her encounters with patrons she experienced over her many years of working the Circulation Desk at her St. Louis Public Library. I too work the Circulation Desk at my library, and have found many of these stories relatable.

Some of the stories listed in this book will cause you to reflect on the unique and interesting patrons that we as librarians experience on a daily basis. These wonderful stories will make you appreciate your job as a librarian and all the joys and challenges that come with working at a public library. If you work within any capacity of a public library or just love libraries, I encourage you to read this book; it will surely make you smile.

Andrei Jones
Five Points West Library

Comments