Smithfield Library Hosting 3rd Annual Toys for Tots Drive

 



Smithfield Branch Manager Sequoria Lewis is hosting her 3rd Toys for Tots Drive at Smithfield Library.

 This year she welcomes volunteers from Church of the Highlands to join in the celebration of Christmas in hopes that Smithfield Library will exceed last years’ 27 families and 1 daycare that benefited from the Toys for Tots program.

 “I am very excited to continue with the tradition that we started 2 years ago. Since the first year we have learned quite a bit to make the process a smooth one. We look forward to serving with the youth to see that this event is just as great moving forward. " Sequoria said. 

 “I have always had a heart for giving to people because of my upbringing," Lewis said. "I was once the 'less fortunate child' so this holds a special place in my heart. Every year this is a time for me to be reminded of how grateful I should be.” 

 Toy collections began on December 1. To assist, drop off toys during Smithfield Library operating hours at the library, located at 1 8th Avenue West. 

Toy distribution is Monday, December 18, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. (while supplies last). Advanced registration is required. 

For more information, call Smithfield Library at (205) 324-8428.

By Sequoria Lewis, Branch Manager|Smithfield Library

Comments