Birmingham Public Library to Host "A Financial Fire Drill: Planning for Uncertain Times"
The Birmingham Public Library would like to invite everyone to a free, public-service workshop sponsored by the Alabama Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, the nation's largest not-for-profit association of financial planners.
There will be no sales or products or services, just information to help you find a financial "fire escape." The seminar will offer the following tips:
- Learn what you can do to control your financial circumstances and how to do it
- Create a step-by-step plan to get rid of debt
- Develop a sound philosophy for savings and investements
- Identify the resources you have available if you lose your job
- Spot scams that do not have your needs and interests in mind
- Discover tips for weathering this and other economic storms in life
There will be a question and answer time at the end. If you have any questions about the program, please contact 226-3742.
WHAT: A Financial Fire Drill: Planning For Uncertain Times
WHERE: Arrington Auditorium at the Central Library
DATE: Thursday, October 8
TIME: 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.