Inglenook Staff Move Into Rec Center
|The Inglenook Library|
The structure currently housing the Inglenook Branch of the Birmingham Public Library (BPL) began its early history as Birmingham’s Fire Station #23. Built in 1927, the station served the Inglenook community until 1978 when the community, with a brand new fire station, asked to have a library in the neighborhood. The “new” library was established in 1979. Work is currently underway to make it “new” again. The renovation is estimated to take 5 months to complete.