Learn More about The Few, The Proud

by Andrei Jones, Circulation Manager, Five Points West Regional Branch Library

In honor of this past Memorial Day and the fact that my son has recently left for U.S.M.C. Boot Camp, I have decided to do a military themed blog entry for the month of June.

When my youngest son told me of his decision to enlist in the military, all sorts of thoughts went through my head. After much discussion and prayer the path was set. I told him that I loved him and would support his decision 100%.

He successfully passed the ASVAB and got sworn in at M.E.P.S. (Military Entrance Processing Station) in Montgomery, Alabama. He left for Marine Corp boot camp on Mother’s day 2017 for 13 weeks of intense training. The Marine Corp is rich in history having its beginning on November 10, 1775.

If you are one looking to join this proud group of fighting soldiers or would simply like to learn more about the Marines, check out:

The Ultimate Marine Recruit Training Guidebook by Nick ”Gunny Pop” Popaditch
The Marines by Edward Howard Simmons
Marines: An Illustrated History: The United States Marine Corps from 1775 to the 21st Century by by Chester G. Hearn
The Marines and You by Dorothy Hole
And many more

Comments