Notary Services Available at the Birmingham Public Library
By Lynn Hutchins | Citizen Services, Central Library
What: Basic Notary Services
When: Normal Operating Hours
Where: Most of BPL's 18 locations
Cost: $5 per notarization
The Birmingham Public Library plays a vital role in the City of Birmingham, striving to transform lives through community, education and technology. Consistent with this vision, BPL offers basic notary services for the benefit of its patrons.
The service is based on the availability of BPL's library notaries. While a notary is usually available at most locations, it is a good idea to call ahead to make sure one will be there when you arrive.
Click here for a listing of BPL locations and library operating hours:
Valid photo identification is required of any patron seeking notary service.
Notaries at the Birmingham Public Library may not notarize:
• Deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, depositions, adoptions, mortgages or other real estate closing documents.
• I-9 forms or corporate documents.
• Power of attorney giving medical or financial authorization to another person.
• Foreign passports and visa applications.
• Documents in any language other than English.
• Any copy of a document. Only original documents may be notarized.
To ensure that one of our notaries will be available, please call the branch you wish to visit and ask when a notary will be working. If you have general notary service questions, call the Central Library Citizens Services Desk at (205) 226-3705.