- How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- Why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
- What may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- Information on what the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
- What happens after registration.
This program is free and open to the public. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to hear one of the nation's leading trademark experts. Please call our Government Documents Department at 205-226-3620 if you have any questions.
Government Documents Department
Birmingham Public Library