Coming Soon...Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Don’t you just love Star Wars? I know I do. There is no bigger Star Wars fan than I. In fact, I have an entire room in my basement dedicated to Star Wars. Included in my collection/memorabilia is a 27-slot acrylic display case housing 27 Star Wars action figures: I have an X-wing fighter; a Millennium Falcon; and a life-size poster of my favorite Star Wars character, Yoda. I have seen the entire 6-movie saga several times and I am eagerly awaiting the new release, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, which will open in the U.S. on December 18. This newest episode, set 30 years after the events of Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, is sure to be a total thrill ride and I plan on being there, front and center, popcorn in hand, on opening night.

The collection that the Birmingham Public Library houses on Star Wars is enormous. Included are books, audiobooks, and DVDs on Star Wars and the Star Wars universe. In case you haven’t seen the first set, BPL has all six of the first movies in the saga on DVD format. Also, a host of websites are available as well on Star Wars.

May the force be strong with you while you await the newest episode in the Star Wars saga: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

Andrei Jones
Five Points West Regional Branch Library

Comments