How Central Library In-person Services Will Work Beginning October 1
How Central Library In-person Services Will Work Beginning October 1:
Service hours inside the library
• Monday through Friday – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Details: The Central Library will open all public service floors (one through three) in the East Building for limited in-person service initially beginning October 1.
The BPL Research Library adjacent to the East Building will remain closed except by appointment only to the Southern Research Department and BPL Archives Department.
Central Library staff will assist patrons on public services, answer phone calls and do other assigned duties
. • Mask-wearing is required at all times.
• Patrons will have a one-hour time limit inside Central Library.
• Children under age 17 will be required to be accompanied by adult while inside the Central Library during school hours.
• All children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
In-person services offered include:
• Ability to browse (all public service floors in East Building) and check out materials
• Special browsing collection of popular new library materials (books & DVDs) will be available on the 1st floor of the Central Library East Building
• Access to public computers and print services • Ability to return materials (interior and exterior book drop)
• Pick up holds
• Curbside Pickup service
• Apply for a library card
• Receive assistance with library account
• Self-serve photocopy service
• Fax service
• Notary Service
• Passport application service - by appointment
• Southern History Department and BPL Archives open by appointment