Vancouver 2010

Vancouver 2010

I don't know about you, but I think Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The pictures during NBC's coverage have been amazing. Give me Summer Olympic Games in Vancouver and I'm headed for the airport. Perhaps not, but you understand what I mean. The Winter Olympics is another story. The thought of standing in freezing cold temps in the snow waiting for someone to finish the downhill is a little more than I can handle. However, put me in a recliner in the comfort of my home and I'm there. Some people say they don't like the Winter Olympics. I really enjoy the alpine skiing, luge, bobsled, skeleton, and speed skating (especially short-track). The hockey is fun to watch as well. If there's a good backstory (think Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding) I can get into figure skating as well. Oh come on, you know that's why you watched the 1994 competition. Nancy Kerrigan won the silver medal and Tonya Harding came in last place. I'm sure Vancouver 2010 will provide its own historical moments. Between events, take a look at the Olympic Games subject guide to discover books, websites, and other information about the Olympics. Enjoy the next two weeks.


Comments