2018 Veterans Small Business Week: Five Points West Library Hosting Business and Marketing Workshops
What: 2018 Veterans Small Business Week workshops
Where: Five Points West Regional Branch Library
When: November 7-9, 2018
Details: To register, visit the Five Points West Library Information Desk, call 205-226-4015 or visit the BPL events calendar
The Five Points West Library is hosting a series of free workshops and events November 7–9 in celebration of 2018 Veterans Small Business Week. This is part of a national celebration honoring our veterans leading up to Veterans Day, which will be observed this year on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Schedule of events:
Wednesday, November 7 – Tech Day
- 9:30 a.m. class – Computer Resourcing for Veterans and Families
- 12:30 p.m. class – Your Business Online Presence, Sponsored by Google
- Schedule one-on-one 45-minute sessions throughout the day. Call the Five Points West Library at 205-226-4015 to get a list of available times.
Thursday, November 8 – Entrepreneur Workshops
- 1:00 p.m. – Learn About the Resources at SCORE Birmingham
Alin Johnson, director of development for SCORE Birmingham, talks about the free resources that SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives) offers for entrepreneurs, including free counseling.
- 1:45 p.m. – Marketing Your Business in Birmingham
- 2:45 p.m. – Deep Dive Social Media Marketing
Both of these marketing workshops will be led by Chasiti Shepherd of BGrace Media.
Friday, November 9, 2:00–4:00 p.m., Veterans Resource Fair
Veterans and their families are invited to visit with Birmingham area agencies sharing details about resources available to assist them.