2023 BPL Local Authors Expo Spotlight: Erma Cooper

 

Birmingham's Erma Cooper just wrote her first book at age 73.

Don't ever feel you are too old to publish a book. At age 73, Erma Cooper of Birmingham earlier this year published her first book, "Granny's Golden Nuggets." 

 This Saturday, November 4, come meet Erma Cooper and nearly 30 other authors at the 2023 Birmingham Public Library Local Authors Expo.  The free event will be from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Central Library downtown.

A retired Birmingham school teacher, Cooper was married to the love of her life, Larry, for 45 years. She has two daughters, a son-in-law, and three grandchildren. Passing on wisdom to her grandkids is what inspired her book.

Learn more about Erma Cooper and her book of inspirational nuggets of wisdom below.

BPL: Tell me about your book.

Cooper: "Granny's Golden Nuggets" was inspired by my grandchildren and my prayer to always guide them on a path towards God. Each Nugget is a bite-sized piece of Godly wisdom. 

BPL: What inspired you to write your book?

Cooper: My grandson moved from Texas to Mississippi his sophomore year of high school and continued to complain about it. I started to send him 3 Nuggets a day. Then sent it to my other grandchildren. 

BPL: Who is your favorite author and why? 

Cooper: The Holy Bible, Roman's 8 chapter is my favorite by Apostle Paul.

BPL: What do you hope readers get out of your books? 

Cooper:  I want them learn to be a better of themselves . Learn that with God anything is possible.

BPL: Any advice you would give for new authors or those desiring to become an author? 

Cooper: It is never to late because I am 73 years old.




Comments