2023 Local Author Spotlight: Arshika Tiwari

Arshika Tiwari, 8, is the youngest participant in the 2023 Local Authors Expo.


On Saturday, November 4, meet the youngest participant in the 2023 BPL Local Authors Expo, 8-year-old Ashika Tiwari. She will be among 30 authors at the Local Authors Expo from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Central Library downtown, 2100 Park Place.

She is the proud big sister of a 7-month-old baby girl. Two weeks ago (October 19, 2023), Arshika's second book, "The Yummiest Tomato Soup," was published.

BarnesandNoble.com describes the book as follows, "Join me on this expedition of making tomato soup with me. My little baby sister is very naughty right now!"  

Arshika loves to read and write books. Last year, Arshika was the youngest author to be featured at the 2022 Local Authors Expo. The local author put all of her love for her pre-school into a book during the COVID-19 lockdown when her preschool temporarily closed. 

Get a new perspective on the writing process with Tiwari in last year's Q&A with her. 

BPL: Tell me about your book.

Tiwari: [A day in my pre-school] tell[s] how a toddler can spend his/her time in pre-school.

BPL: What inspired you to write your first book?

Tiwari: During COVID-19 lockdown, my preschool got suddenly closed. I missed my school so much and talked about it many days. So, my parents suggested if I can write about it. I loved the idea and wrote and illustrated this book. 

BPL: Who is your favorite author and why?

Tiwari: Dan Gutman. I like his books because they have rhyming titles and funny stories. 

BPL: What do you hope readers get out of your books?

Tiwari: Readers will know that pre-school can be fun. 

BPL: Any advice you would give for new authors or those desiring to become an author?

Tiwari: Reading a lot would help you to write down your ideas.

Comments