Local Authors Expo 2023 Spotlight: Stephanie Jordan

Headshot of Stephanie Jordan

The Local Authors Expo is happening at the Central Library this Saturday, November 4, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There will be over 30 authors at the library this Saturday for attendees to get signed books and network with writers and others in the industry.

In a short Q&A with the Birmingham Public Library, Local Authors Expo participant Stephanie Jordan tells us what inspired her book.

BPL: Please introduce yourself and tell us about your books.

SJ: My name is Stephanie Jordan, and my books are:

1) The Death Tsunami: My Journey Into Widowhood and How I Met Death. This book launches on October 31, 2023. I share my story of how my husband and I met and built a large family and then he unexpectedly passed away suddenly. I share my insights about what I learned about Death. 

2) Believing in Boundaries is about setting healthy boundaries in our relationships. The three areas of focus are: cultural, relational, and faith. Since God established boundaries, as Christians, it is important for us to establish boundaries in our relationship as well. 

3) A Dose of Reality: this book is an encouragement for mother's to not use antidepressants because it can hinder children being able to understand how to regulate their own emotions. 

Book cover for The Death Tsunami

The book cover for Believing in Boundaries

BPL: What inspired you to write your books?

SJ: I love to inspire, challenge and encourage others with my books. God has called me to write to share His story through my testimony. 

BPL: Who is your favorite author and why?

SJ: Brennan Manning for insight and self-reflection. Francine Rivers for a good story of life and love.

BPL: What do you hope readers get out of your book?

SJ: I hope that readers come away from my books with curiosity for their own journey. I want them to have a desire to get to know God a little better. I want each reader to feel encouraged to. 

BPL: Any advice you would give for new authors or those desiring to become an author?

SJ: Just go for it! Find your why and then don't stop until you bring it to completion. Your story matters and your voice matters. There may be times that you start a story that hasn't been completed in your own life yet, it is OK if it takes you a long time to write your story. 

Flyer advertising the Local Authors Expo this Saturday, November 4

Meet Jordan at the Local Authors Expo on Saturday, November 4, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Central Library.

Follow the Birmingham Public Library on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for more updates like these. 

By Cheyenne Trujillo | Library Assistant Ⅲ, Public Relations Department

Comments