2022 Local Authors Expo Spotlight: Arshika Tiwari

A portrait of Arshika Tiwari smiling at the camera. She is outside and you see a pond in the background. She is wearing a blue headband on her head & a red shirt.

Meet the youngest author to be featured at the 2022 Local Authors Expo, Arshika Tiwari. This local author put all of her love for her pre-school into a book during the COVID-19 lockdown when her preschool temporarily closed. She will be at the Central Library this Saturday, November 5, 10:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m., for the Local Authors Expo. 

Get a new perspective on the writing process with Tiwari in our Q&A with her. 

BPL: Tell me about your book.

Tiwari: [A day in my pre-school] tell[s] how a toddler can spend his/her time in pre-school.

BPL: What inspired you to write your book(s)?

Tiwari: During COVID-19 lockdown, my preschool got suddenly closed. I missed my school so much and talked about it many days. So, my parents suggested if I can write about it. I loved the idea and wrote and illustrated this book. 

BPL: Who is your favorite author and why?

Tiwari: Dan Gutman. I like his books because they have rhyming titles and funny stories. 

BPL: What do you hope readers get out of your books?

Tiwari: Readers will know that pre-school can be fun. 

BPL: Any advice you would give for new authors or those desiring to become an author?

Tiwari: Reading a lot would help you to write down your ideas.

Click here to see the full list of the authors and publishers coming

Comments